The next generation Dura-Bright® treatment with even better surface protection
Now Alcoa can offer you a revolutionary breakthrough in the field of Dura-Bright® technology. The Dura-Bright® EVO wheels distinguish themselves from the Dura-Bright® wheels with XBR® technology through:
• an enhanced hydrofluoric acid resistance: 2-3 times improvement
• a much higher chemical resistance: pH levels widened from 5-9 to 2-12
• superior corrosion resistance: 10 times improvement in 240 hours CASS (Copper Accelerated Acetic Acid Salt Spray - tests )
• increased environmental sustainability: less hazardous material used during production
Dura-Bright® is not a coating, but a surface treatment that penetrates the aluminum and becomes an integral part of the wheel. It will not chip, crack, peel or corrode, like conventional coatings do. These wheels do not need polishing. Regular washing with soap and water will keep them shiny, even after hundreds of washes and thousands of miles.
Dura-Bright® wheels are easily recognizable by their black and green Alcoa Dura-Bright® EVO sticker.
Along with faster, easier maintenance, you get all the advantages you’ve come to expect from Alcoa forged aluminum wheels, including:
• Less weight for increased payload
• Unrivalled forged strength
• 5 year warranty
• Greater fuel efficiency
• Extended tyre and brake life through improved heat dissipation
• Environmentally friendly